Category: All in one – Best in class 2015
The Cuisinart GR-4N 5-in-1 Griddler and Waffle maker combo wins our waffle maker review – 2015 – best in class seat for the “all-in-one” category.
This bundle includes the standard…
Cuisinart GR-4N 5-in-1 Griddler
- 5-in-1 counter top unit works as a contact grill, panini press, full grill, full griddle and half grill/half griddle
- Brushed stainless-steel housing; sturdy panini-style handle; floating cover to adjust to thickness of food
- Removable and reversible nonstick cooking plates drain grease for healthy cooking; integrated drip tray
- Adjustable temperature controls with indicator lights; gourmet recipes and scraping tool included
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards
…with the add-on waffle plates, bundled together
Cuisinart GR-WAFP Griddler Waffle Plates
- One set of plates fits the Cuisinart GR-4N Series, GR-4 Series, GRID-8N Series and GRID-8 Series
- Bakes 4 deep pocketed, 3/4-inch thick Belgian waffles
- Nonstick baking plates for easy release of waffles
- Dishwasher safe for easy cleanup
- Recipe book included
Waffle Maker Review –
At first glance, the GR-4NAM looks identical to the g4. However, there has actually been much improvement.
- The grease catcher is now integrated into the Griddler and can be pulled out to be cleaned. This prevents spillage that used to occur with the dish from the last model
- The original G4 had two sets of plates – one flat set, one ridged set (for paninis). Now you don’t need storage for your extra plates, plus the plates are higher quality.
- The plates now have an identical shape, so they are interchangeable. They are much easier to remove and install.
The Griddler takes about as long to warm up as a good-quality waffle iron. Just when you start to get impatient with it, it’s ready.
The process is straight forward and you will be happy with the ease and quality of the waffles and pancakes you can cook with this machine.
It does a great job at cooking just about everything you can think of though cooking thick cuts of meat requires you to use medium heat (to avoid grease spatters) and to turn off the plates before it’s done so it doesn’t become dry and overdone.
Wiping the nonstick plates with a wet paper towel or sponge is usually enough for the job though the plates are removeable for easy cleaning.